|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Cauliflower||1 Small, divided into florets|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||4 Tablespoon (for finish)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for finish)|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ©, onions, and garlic for 5 minutes.
2) Add stock, cauliflower and seasoning, bring to boil stirring constantly.
3) Put the lid and simmer for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
4) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5) In an electric blender, place the cauliflower mixture and process to a smooth puree.
6) In a saucepan, heat the cauliflower soup and stir in the cream.
7) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cauliflower puree without cream in a plastic container.
8) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
9) Serve hot, garnished with parsley.
10) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the soup and reheat gently from frozen on the top of stove, stirring occasionally. 11) Stir in the cream and heat through gently without boiling.
12) Serve as mentioned in step 9.
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.8 mg15.3%
Sodium 410.5 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 130.6%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet