Cauliflower and Cheese Soup
|Cauliflower||1 Medium, divided into florets|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Danish blue cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fried croutons||20 (for garnish)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, place cauliflower, stock and onions.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
3) Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool slightly,
4) In an electric blender, place the cauliflower mixture and process until smooth puree.
5) In a non-stick pan melt butter over low heat, add flour and stir for 1 minute.
6) Pour in the puree, then bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
7) Stir in cheese and pepper, and simmer until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
9) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
10) Serve hot sprinkled with croutons and parsley.
11) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the frozen soup and reheat gently on top of stove, stirring occasionally.
12) Serve as mentioned in step 10.
Calories 1204 Calories from Fat 644
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.6%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.8 mg13.3%
Sodium 567.7 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.4%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 179.2%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet