Nutty Vegetable Soup
|Mixed vegetables||1 Pound, prepared and sliced (potatoes, carrots, leeks, celery, turnips, peas)|
|Stock||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Peanut butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, place the vegetables and stock, and bring to a boil.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3) In a small bowl, mix cornflour and peanut butter and slowly mix in the milk.
4) Whisk the cournflour mixture into the vegetable mixture.
5) Season to taste and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
6) Simmer until soup thickens, stirring occasionally.
7) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the soup into a rigid container.
8) Seal, label and freeze the container.
9) Serve hot sprinkled with parsley.
10) In the saucepan, reheat the soup gently on top of the stove, stirring occasionally.
15) Serve as mentioned in step 9.
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.8 mg1.6%
Sodium 501.8 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 38.7% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet