Curry and Apple Soup
|Onion||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Cooking apples||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (for finish)|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions for 5 minutes or until soft.
2) Add in flour and curry powder and stir for 1 minute.
3) Pour in stock, apples, lemon juice, and seasoning to taste.
4) Increase the heat to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Take away from heat and allow to cool.
6) In an electric blender place the apple mixture and process to a smooth paste.
7) Return to pan and heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup into a rigid container.
9) Seal, label and freeze the container.
10) Serve hot with a drizzle of cream.
11) If using the frozen soup, reheat gently from frozen in a saucepan on top of the stove with 2 tablespoons water, stirring occasionally.
12) Serve as explained in step 10.