|Sorrel leaves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water/Bouillon||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Toasted bread slices||6|
1) Chop and wash the sorrel.
2) In a heavy saucepan, place the sorrel.
3) Place lid over the saucepan and allow to cook till the leaves wilt.
4) Melt in the butter, add water and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
5) In a bowl, gently beat the egg yolk and add some of the hot soup and beat immediately.
6) Pour the egg mix into the remaining hot soup and heat without boiling.
7) Add salt.
8) In the soup bowl, add a slice of toasted bread and then pour in the spoon.