|Cucumber||1 Large, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped mint||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, place cucumber, stock and onion, and bring to boil.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes or until cucumber is soft.
3) Remove for heat and allow to cool.
4) In an electric blender place the cucumber mixture and process to a smooth puree.
5) Cool the mixture, cover and refrigerate until chilled
6) Season to taste and add soured cream, mix well.
7) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled cucumber mixture without sour cream into a rigid container.
8) Seal, label and freeze the container.
9) Serve chilled garnished with mint.
10) If using frozen cucumber mixture thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then add the sour cream.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 9.