Cream Of Celery Soup
|Celery head||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Pint, well flavored|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Bouquet garni||1 (1 bundle)|
|Croutons||20 (for garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions and celery until translucent.
2) Blend in the flour and stir for 2 minutes.
3) Stream in the stock and allow to the boil, stirring continuously.
4) Season to taste and add in bouquet garni.
5) Put the lid on and simmer for 30 minutes or until the celery is tender.
6) Take the pan away from heat and remove bouquet garni.
7) Using a hand blender, blend the celery mixture to a smooth puree.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
9) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
10) Serve hot sprinkled with croutons.
11) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the frozen soup and reheat gently on top of stove, stirring occasionally.
12) Serve as mentioned in step 10.