Leek and Celery Soup
|Onions||3 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Leeks||2 Pound, sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Creamy milk||1 Pint (for finish)|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions, celery, potatoes and leeks for 5 minutes.
2) Add in the stock and heat to boil.
3) Put the lid and simmer for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4) Season to taste, remove from heat and allow to cool.
5) In an electric blender, place the onion mixture and process to smooth puree.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup in a plastic container.
7) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
8) Return the soup to heat and stir in creamy milk.
9) Serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
10) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the soup and reheat gently on top of stove, add creamy milk, stirring occasionally.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 9.