Leek and Celery Soup
|Onions||3 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Leeks||2 Pound, sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Creamy milk||1 Pint (for finish)|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions, celery, potatoes and leeks for 5 minutes.
2) Add in the stock and heat to boil.
3) Put the lid and simmer for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4) Season to taste, remove from heat and allow to cool.
5) In an electric blender, place the onion mixture and process to smooth puree.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup in a plastic container.
7) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
8) Return the soup to heat and stir in creamy milk.
9) Serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
10) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the soup and reheat gently on top of stove, add creamy milk, stirring occasionally.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 9.
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg16.3%
Sodium 525 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 25.9 g
Protein 15 g31%
Vitamin A 88.1% Vitamin C 81%
Calcium 33.3% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet