Romertopf Ox Tail Soup
|Ox tail||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Smoked bacon||2 Ounce|
|Boiled rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Sweet wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 35OF.
2) Slice the smoked bacon into small pieces.
3) In a frying pan, add in the bacon. Saute for a while before adding in the ox-tail.
4) Next, add in the onion. Saute for a few more minutes.
5) Transfer the mixture into a pre-soaked romertorpf. Add in the stock, salt, pepper, thyme and a little sugar next.
6) Cook for about 3 hours.
7) Take the vessel out of the oven, and strain the soup using a sieve. Add in cornflour and stir well to thicken the soup slightly.
8) Add in the wine and lemon juice.
9) Beat the cream slightly before adding into the soup. Stir to mix.
10) Add in the rice into the soup.
11) Serve the Romertopf Ox Tail Soup hot, garnished with chopped parsley.
12) Serve toasted French Bread on the side.