|Fresh parsley||4 Ounce|
|Onions||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Ounce, peeled and chopped|
|Chicken stock||12 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (for finish)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
1) Cut the parsley stems and leave aside.
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion and potatoes for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Blend in the stock and parsley stalks and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
4) Take off the parsley stalks.
5) Using a hand blender, blend the onion mixture to smooth puree.
6) Season to taste.
7) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
8) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
9) Stir in the cream and serve hot sprinkled with parsley.
10) If using frozen soup, reheat gently from frozen on top of the stove, stirring occasionally.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 9.