Cream of Mushroom Soup
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Flat mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (well-flavoured)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly chopped|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions until translucent.
2) Stir in the mushrooms and sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
3) Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Take the pan away from the heat, and slowly pour in the stock and milk.
5) Return to heat and allow to boil, stirring constantly.
6) Season to taste, put the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
7) Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
8) In an electric blender, place the mushroom mixture and process to a smooth puree.
9) In a saucepan, place the puree ad heat for 5 minutes.
10) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
11) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
12) Serve hot sprinkled with parsley and drizzled with cream.
13) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the frozen soup and reheat gently on top of stove, stirring occasionally.
14) Serve as mentioned in step 12.