Carrot And Courgette Zucchini Soup
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound (peeled and sliced)|
|Courgettes||1⁄2 Pound (trimmed and sliced)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and saute carrots, courgettes.
2) Put the lid and simmer for 10 minutes until tender.
3) Stream in the stock and stirring bay leaf, puree, sugar, and seasoning.
4) Allow the soup to boil, and simmer for 30 minutes.
5) Take the pan away from heat, and remove bay leaf.
6) Using a hand blender, blend the courgette mixture into smooth puree.
7) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
8) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
9) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
10) If using frozen soup, reheat gently from frozen on top of the stove, stirring occasionally.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 9.