Onion and Pepper Soup
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|Red pepper||1 , cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|Canned tomatoes||7 Ounce, chopped (1 can)|
|Beef stock||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly chopped (to garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions, garlic and peppers for 10 minutes or until tender.
2) Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3) Stir in tomatoes and stock.
4) Season to taste and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
5) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup in a plastic container.
6) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
7) Serve hot garnished with parsley.
8) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the soup and reheat gently on top of stove, stirring occasionally.
9) Serve as mentioned in step 7.