|Dried haricot beans||1 Pound, soaked in cold water overnight|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly chopped (to garnish)|
1) Pour off the liquid from the beans and refresh under running cold water.
2) In a saucepan, place the beans and water.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
4) In another pan, heat oil and sautÃ© onions, potato and garlic until lightly colored.
5) In an electric blender, place half of the beans and little cooking liquid, process to a smooth paste.
6) Stir in the pureed beans and reserved beans to the potato mixture and seasoning.
7) Bring the potato mixture to a boil.
8) Put on the lid and simmer for 20 minutes more.
9) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
10) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
11) Serve hot sprinkled with parsley.
12) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the frozen soup and reheat gently on top of stove, stirring occasionally.
13) Serve as mentioned in step 11.