|Watercress||3 1⁄2 Ounce, finely chopped (1 bunch)|
|Celery stalks||1 , finely chopped|
|Single cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Lemon||1 , rinded and finely grated|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Pint|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a saucepan, place together the watercress, celery, cream, lemon rind and milk.
2) Heat the celery mixture, just below boiling point.
3) Take away from the heat and blend in the stock.
4) In a bowl mix together the butter and flour together.
5) Add the flour mixture into the soup in small pieces.
6) Return to the heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the soup is thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
7) Season to taste and simmer for 2 minutes more.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
9) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
10) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
11 If using frozen soup, reheat gently from frozen on top of the stove, stirring occasionally.
12) Serve as mentioned in 10.
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.4 mg18.8%
Sodium 292.9 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 38.1%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet