Cheesy Vegetable Soup
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||8 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Pint|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
|French bread slice||4|
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes or until tender.
2) Stir in mixed vegetables and flour, and stir until blended.
3) Stream in gently stock and milk, bring to a boil.
4) Simmer until thick, stirring continuously.
5) Blend in lemon juice and season to taste.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
7) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
8) While still cooking stir in 3oz. of cheese, remove from heat and stir until cheese melts completely.
9) Divide the soup in 4 heatproof soup bowls and place 1 slice of bread in each bowl.
10) Dredge the cheese over the bread and put under the broiler until for 3 minutes cheese melts, serve immediately.
11) If using frozen soup, reheat gently from frozen on top of the stove, stirring occasionally.
12) Do as mentioned in steps 8, 9, and serve as mentioned step 10.