Cream Of Vegetable Soup
|Carrots||2 Large, peeled and diced or grated|
|Swede||6 Ounce, peeled and diced|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and sliced,|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||6 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© carrots, swede and onions for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
2) Pour in the stock and season to taste and bring to the boil.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4) Remove the pan from heat, using a hand blender, blend the carrot mixture to a smooth puree.
5) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
6) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
7) Blend in the milk and cream, and serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
8 If using frozen soup, reheat gently from frozen on top of the stove, stirring occasionally.
9) Serve as mentioned in 7.