Creamy Floret Soup
|Cauliflower||1 Small, cut into florets|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1 (as required)|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (1 cup)|
1. In a medium sauce pan, place 1 cup water for boiling.
2. Once boiled, add florets and cook till florets are tender.
3. Using a soup strainer, strain cooked florets. Reserve cooking liquid.
4. Keep aside 1 cup cooked florets.
5. In an electric mixer, combine rest of the florets and cooking liquid and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
6. In a small bowl, combine flour and bouillon granules with remaining 1 cup water and mix well. Keep aside.
7. In a large casserole pot/ soup pot/ Dutch oven, coat with cooking spray. Keep to heat.
8. Once hot, add garlic, onions and carrots and sauté on a medium flame.
9. Add flour- bouillon mixture and mix well.
10. Add skim milk, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg powder, celery salt and white pepper. Mix well and bring to boil.
11. Once boiled, add blended cauliflower and cooked florets, reduce flame and simmer for few minutes or till thickened.
12. Add cheese and mix well. Cook till cheese starts to melt.
13. Transfer on to a serving bowl, garnish with croutons and parsley and serve piping hot.