Tomato Soup Cake
|Cake flour/All-purpose flour - 2 cups, sifted||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|All spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Condensed tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Hydrogenated shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and dust flour on two 8 or 9X1 1/2" round layer pans OR a 13X9X2" oblong pan.
2) Into a large bowl, sift together cake flour or all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, all spice, cinnamon and cloves.
3) Slowly mix in the hydrogenated shortening and condensed tomato soup.
4) With an electric blender, beat on low to medium speed for about 2 minutes.
5) Add in the eggs along with water. Continue to beat for 2 more minutes.
6) Transfer the mixture into the baking pans. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7) Once baked, allow the Tomato Soup Cake to rest for about 10 minutes. Unmould and cool down.
8) Serve the Tomato Soup Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting