Healthy Watercress Soup
|Potatoes||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Vegetable stock||900 Milliliter|
|Watercress||7 Ounce, de-stalked and chopped (2 bunches, reserve few sprigs for garnish)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Natural yogurt||125 Milliliter (1 small carton)|
1) In a large saucepan, soften the onion, potatoes and garlic in butter.
2) Add the stock and bring the contents to a boil.
3) Add the watercress and bring to a boil once again.
4) Reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 20 minutes.
5) Add seasoning to taste.
6) Take the soup off the heat and allow it to cool. Liquidize the soup.
7) Reheat the soup, ladle into individual soup bowls and serve piping hot. Garnish with sprigs of watercress and a swirl of natural yogurt. Makes an excellent starter.