Tomato Soup Cake
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped candied fruits/Raisins / mincemeat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease and flour a 9-inch pan.
3) In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
4) Add shortening to rub in.
5) Pour in 1/2 can soup to beat until smooth.
6) Stir in remaining soup and eggs.
7) Beat to smooth mixture.
8) Fold in fruit and nuts.
9) Pour the batter into the pan.
10) Place the pan inside oven to bake for about 1 1/4 hours.
11) Allow cooling for 10 minutes, before removing from pan.
12) Serve the cake by adding your choice of topping, if desired.