Tomato Soup Cake
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped candied fruits/Raisins / mincemeat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease and flour a 9-inch pan.
3) In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
4) Add shortening to rub in.
5) Pour in 1/2 can soup to beat until smooth.
6) Stir in remaining soup and eggs.
7) Beat to smooth mixture.
8) Fold in fruit and nuts.
9) Pour the batter into the pan.
10) Place the pan inside oven to bake for about 1 1/4 hours.
11) Allow cooling for 10 minutes, before removing from pan.
12) Serve the cake by adding your choice of topping, if desired.
Calories 718 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.1%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 71.4 mg23.8%
Sodium 430.6 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 67.8 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 24% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet