Clam Soup Venice
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced or crushed|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried onion flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned minced clams||4 Ounce, drained|
|Sliced mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic bread sticks||12 (Use As Needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a saucepan, put tomato juice, garlic, basil leaves, vinegar, onion flakes and parsley; simmer for about 30 minutes until reduced to 1/2 its original volume.
3. Let the mixture cool down and then add milk, clams, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Reheat the soup.
5. Into 2 heat-proof bowls, ladle soup.
6. Top each bowl with 1/2 of the cheese and bake in preheated oven until cheese melts.
7. Garnish each serving with fennel.
8. Serve Clam Soup Venice with Garlic Bread Sticks.
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.7 mg20.9%
Sodium 964.1 mg40.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 33 g66.7%
Vitamin A 44% Vitamin C 117.4%
Calcium 46.6% Iron 123.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet