Clam Soup Venice
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced or crushed|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried onion flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned minced clams||4 Ounce, drained|
|Sliced mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic bread sticks||12 (Use As Needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a saucepan, put tomato juice, garlic, basil leaves, vinegar, onion flakes and parsley; simmer for about 30 minutes until reduced to 1/2 its original volume.
3. Let the mixture cool down and then add milk, clams, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Reheat the soup.
5. Into 2 heat-proof bowls, ladle soup.
6. Top each bowl with 1/2 of the cheese and bake in preheated oven until cheese melts.
7. Garnish each serving with fennel.
8. Serve Clam Soup Venice with Garlic Bread Sticks.