Creamy Pumpkin Soup
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Thyme sprigs||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Sage sprig||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a stockpot heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add the yellow onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic, thyme, and sage. Stir well.
3. Stir in the chicken broth, pumpkin, salt, and black pepper. Stir well.
4. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
5. In batches puree the soup in a blender. Pour the pureed soup into the stockpot and bring back to a simmer.
6. Stir in the heavy cream and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com