Beef Vegetable Soup with Pasta
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped into bite size pieces|
|Italian style stewed tomatoes with juice||29 Ounce (2 Cans, 14 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Canned kidney beans||29 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 14 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Small elbow macaroni||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), uncooked|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
1. In a saucepan, add ground beef and brown the meat; drain fat.
2. Combine onion, tomatoes, kidney beans and 9 cups water; bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for about 40 minutes.
4. Increase the temperature to bring the mixture to a gentle boil, add macaroni and cook for about 7 minutes or until tender, but not too soft.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Arrange the pasta in individual serving plates and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg21.7%
Sodium 1390.4 mg57.9%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.7%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 39 g77.9%
Vitamin A 32.6% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 22% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet