1) In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat.
2) Stir in the pumpkin, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned.
3) Add the broth, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until the pumpkin is very tender.
4) Topping : In a bowl combine apple, chives, walnuts, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Set aside.
5) Puree the pumpkin mixture using a blender until smooth.
6) Ladle the soup into 4 bowls and spoon over the topping.
7) Drizzle each bowl with remaining maple syrup and serve.
A bowl of warm and creamy pumpkin soup is the best appetizer for Thanksgiving party. Here is a perfect recipe of pumpkin soup, which you can top with delicious combination of apple, walnuts and other spices. Watch the video to learn the easy procedure and enjoy any chilled evening.