Curried Parsnip Soup
|Onions||1⁄2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Parsnips||2 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Hot vegetable stock||10 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce|
|Grated hard goat cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Greek style yogurt||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon (To Drizzle)|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions until translucent.
2) Stir in parsnip and add stock.
3) Allow to cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until parsnip is tender.
4) Stir in cheese, curry powder and cook for 4 minutes.
5) Pour in the cream and season to taste.
6) Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
7) In an electric blender, process the parsnip mixture until smooth.
8) Return to the pan and bring to a boil, add little water if soup is too thick.
9) Serve hot garnished with a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of olive oil.