Butter Bean Soup
|Bulk pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned butter beans||48 Ounce (3 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Crushed dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||3 Dash (Use Few Dashes)|
1. In a skillet, cook sausage and onion till sausage is well done, drain off the fat.
2. Add un-drained beans, milk, soup, salt, thyme, and pepper; bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Top with more sliced green onions before serving.
5. Arrange the soup in individual serving bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.
Calories 627 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg21.3%
Sodium 1646 mg68.6%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76.2%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 37 g74.2%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet