Golden Cream Of Carrot Soup
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||3 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Combine together the water, carrots, ½ teaspoon of Bon Appetit, 1 teaspoon of the seasoned stock base and lemon juice. Mix well.
2) Cook till the carrots are soft and the liquid is reduced to nearly 1 tablespoon.
3) Melt the butter and add flour and the remaining seasonings to it. Stir well till smooth.
4) Add the milk and gently simmer, stirring till the mixture is thickened.
5) Mash the carrots, puree them in a blender or put through a sieve.
6) Add the carrots to the milk mixture and stir well till blended. To achieve the desired consistency, add more milk or cream.
7) Serve the soup hot as an appetizer.