Onion Supper Soup
|Onions||3 Large, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock/Browned beef stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|French bread slices||4 (Thick Slices)|
|Swiss cheese/Gruyere cheese||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated (For Garnishing)|
1. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet and top each with sliced cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
2. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or till cheese melts.
3. In covered saucepan, over low temperature, heat butter and cook onions and garlic for 20 minutes or till very tender; stir occasionally.
4. Add stock and 1/4-teaspoon pepper, bring the mixture to boil; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Ladle soup into 4 individual bowls and top each serving with a toast slice.