|Lard||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (1 Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Fat bacon||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Ox kidney||1 Pound (250 Grams)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Canned tomato puree||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Small Can / 70 Grams)|
|Beef stock||4 Pint (2 Liters)|
|Cornflour||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
1) Wash the kidney and remove the core. Slice into small pieces. Place aside.
2) In a small bowl, dissolve cornflour in little water. Place aside.
3) In a pan, heat up lard.
4) Add sliced onions, sugar and bacon in hot lard, cook until golden brown and remove from the pan.
5) In the remaining fat, fry the kidney pieces.
6) Bring back the onions and bacon to the pan, add the herbs, tomato puree, stock and some salt and pepper.
7) Bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for ½ hour, by covering and reducing the heat.
8) In a liquidizer, add the mixture in 2-3 batches to liquidize.
9) Pour in the cornflour solution and return on heat to bring a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
10) Adjust seasoning according to the taste.
11) Add 15 ml (1 tablespoon) red wine for each portion just before serving, if desired.