Cream Of Cucumber Soup
|Cucumber||1 Pound (0.5 Kilograms)|
|Shallots/1 small onion||2|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||2 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Thin cream/Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
1) Remove the cucumber skin and chop.
2) Peel off the skin from shallots or onion and chop.
3) Peel the potatoes and slice.
4) In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
5) Add vegetables, cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, for 10 minutes.
6) Pour in stock and add potatoes, 5 ml (1 level teaspoon) salt and a shake of pepper.
7) Cook until the vegetables are tender.
8) In liquidizer, make a puree with the vegetables. Alternately, pass through sieve.
9) Allow cooling in room temperature and then chill and freeze inside the refrigerator.
10) To serve hot, bring the puree to a boil and adjust the seasoning. If required, add cornflour-milk mixture to thicken the soup.
11) To serve cold, thaw the soup and whisk in cream. Adjust the seasoning.
12) For serving hot soup, garnish with rings of fresh cucumber and serve immediately with croutons. To serve cold, garnish with only cucumber rings.