Cucumber Buttermilk Soup
|Cucumbers||1 Pound (2 Medium Sized)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Pare cucumbers and halve lengthwise.
2) Using a teaspoon, scoop out and remove the seeds.
3) Using a coarse grater or food processor shred the cucumber.
4) In a large bowl mix cucumber, buttermilk, chicken broth and water to measure 2 cups, salt, pepper, lemon juice and chives. Combine well.
5) Chill covered for several hours or overnight.
6) Toss gently before serving.
7) Garnish each serving with a lemon slice and cucumber slice.