Chilled Cream of Chive Soup
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned chicken broth||14 Ounce (1 can)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, finely snipped|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan and blend in the flour.
2) Add the broth all at once and then add the chives and bay leaf.
3) Cook the contents over medium heat, stirring till the mixture is bubbly and thick.
4) Take out the bay leaf and discard it.
5) Add the cream and stir well.
6) Chill the preparation thoroughly.
7) Serve the Chilled Cream of Chive Soup cold. Makes a good appetizer as well as snack.
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 34.6 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.37 g1.5%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet