Pork and Cabbage Soup
|Lean boneless pork||1 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 no.)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned condensed beef broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||240 Milliliter (2 soup cans, 2 1/2 cups)|
|Cabbage head||1 Small, shredded for 4 cups|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||2 Tablespoon (for serving)|
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and brown pork cubes, half at a time; drain off the excess fat.
2. Combine the tomato soup, condensed beef broth, water, shredded cabbage, chopped onion, sherry, bay leaf, salt, paprika, and pepper; boil the mixture.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 40 minutes or till meat is tender; remove and discard bay leaf.
4. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
5. Ladle stew into individual bowls and top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
6. Garnish with a parsley sprig.
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.9 mg24%
Sodium 1329.8 mg55.4%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.6%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 28 g55.5%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 62.5%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet