|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (fresh or frozen)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped for 1 cup|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Small, peeled and diced for 1 1/2 cups|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and diced for 1 cup|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. If frozen fish is being used, thaw fish and cut into 3/4 -inch pieces.
2. In a saucepan, heat olive or cooking oil stir in the chopped onion and garlic and cook till onion is tender but not brown.
3. Stir in water, potatoes, tomatoes, wine, salt, and pepper; bring the mixture to boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Add fish pieces and return to boiling; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or till fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
6. Gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot liquid into the beaten egg yolks; return all to saucepan; cook till the mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring continuously.
7. Arrange the sour into individual serving bowl.
8. Garnish with snipped parsley.
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205 mg68.3%
Sodium 414.3 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 34 g68.6%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C 62.6%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet