Matzo Ball Soup
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced|
|Matzo balls||8 , chilled|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. In a saucepan boil the chicken broth.
2. Add carrots and reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Drop chilled Matzo Ball dough with the help of a rounded tablespoon into the simmering broth, making about 8 balls.
4. Cover; simmer for about 30 minutes; do not open the lid in between.
5. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and garnish with snipped parsley
6. Serve hot with bread.
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.4 mg53.1%
Sodium 1884.7 mg78.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.4%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 125.8% Vitamin C 34.6%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet