Mushroom Barley Soup
|Fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced for 3 cups|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Quick cooking barley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground sage||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef broth||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. In a covered saucepan cook mushrooms, green pepper, onion, and garlic in butter or margarine for about 5 minutes or till tender but do not make it brown.
2. Stir in barley, sage, and salt.
3. Add the broth and bring it to boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for another 25 minutes or till barley is tender.
5. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
6. Serve immediately.