Salt Pork and Bean Chowder
|Dried pea beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt pork||1 Pound, diced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced with leaves|
|Canned tomatoes||19 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), heated|
1. Boil beans in water for 2 minutes. Take off from heat and keep aside for 1 hour.
2. Cook pork with onion until both turn mildly brown.
3. Add to the beans, place back on heat, cover, and simmer for 60 minutes.
4. Add all the ingredients, excluding flour and milk, and simmer for half an hour more.
5. Make a paste of the flour and add it to the simmered chowder. Mix in milk and heat for 2 minutes.
6. Ladle Salt Pork and Bean Chowder into 6 warm soup bowls and serve garnished with a fresh mint sprig.