Cream of Salmon Soup
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), scalded|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Canned salmon||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (to garnish)|
1. Blend flour in melted butter.
2. Discard onion from scalded milk and slowly, mix milk with flour.
3. Stirring continuously, cook, until the mixture thickens slightly.
4. Mix in salmon with the liquid and using a fork, break the fish,
5. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
6. Spoon into 4 warm soup bowls, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve with toasted croustades.
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.2 mg16.1%
Sodium 640.2 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 24 g47.4%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet