|Pepper||3 Dash (2-3 shakes)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Milk||5 Ounce (1 gill)|
1. Wash and clean the celery. Using the knife, chop it into 1 inch pieces. Slice onion thinly.
2. Heat a saucepan and melt the margarine. Lightly fry the vegetables until the margarine gets absorbed.
3. Pour in stock. Add seasoning and bouquet garni.
4. Close the pan with lid, allow it to come to a boil, and lower heat and simmer gently until vegetables are soft for about 30 mins to 45 mins.
5. Strain the vegetables through a nylon or hair sieve to make a puree. Rinse out the saucepan.
6. Measure puree and return to the pan.
7. Mix flour with stock or milk and stir in to the puree. Continuously stir and bring to a boil and lower hear and simmer for 2-3 mins.
8. Add seasoning to taste.
9. Serve hot with with croutons by the side.