|Beef flank steak||2 Pound, cut into 8 pieces|
|Lard/Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 , peeled and quartered|
|Carrots||2 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Onions||2 , quartered|
|Winter squash/Pumpkin||8 Ounce, peeled and cut into 8 pieces|
|Fresh corn ears||2 , quartered|
|Fresh green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Long grain rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), snipped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed|
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and brown the meat, half at a time.
2. Return the entire meat to the pan and add the water and salt; bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 1/4 hours or till meat is nearly tender.
4. Combine squash or pumpkin, corn, potatoes, carrots, onions, beans, uncooked rice, celery leaves, parsley, garlic, white pepper, and red pepper; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes more or till vegetables are tender.
5. Arrange the meat and vegetables to a serving bowl and divide the broth among 8 soup bowls.
6. Serve hot with toasted garlic bread.