Cold Cucumber And Yogurt Soup
|Plain yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ice cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh mint||2 Teaspoon, finely cut|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Pare the cucumber and cut lengthwise into half.
2. De-seed and chop roughly. Add to a bowl.
3. Sprinkle cucumber with salt and set aside for a couple of hours.
4. In a food processor or liquidizer jar, add the cucumber.
5. Pulse to chop finely but do not puree.
6. In a deep bowl, add the yogurt and beat it with a whisk or large spoon until it is completely smooth.
7. Add the finely chopped cucumber, olive oil, mint, parsley, garlic and salt and crushed ice and still well.
8. Ladle into soup bowls.
9. Garnish with nuts and dill and serve cold.
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.7 mg4.9%
Sodium 218.9 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet