Creamy Fruit Soup
|Raspberries/Blueberries /strawberries /peaches /mixed fruit||10 Ounce, frozen, thawed (1 package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Inch|
|Ground nutmeg||3 Dash|
|Ground cloves||3 Dash|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut up large pieces of fruit and drain reserving the syrup
2. In a saucepan mix together the reserved syrup, 1 cup water, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. Boil the mixture; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes; remove the cinnamon stick.
4. Stir in 1-tablespoon water and cornstarch into the saucepan.
5. Cook till the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
6. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
7. Cool to room temperature.
8. Blend in sour cream, fruit and milk.
9. Cover and chill before serving
10. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and garnish with strips of lemon peel.