Squash And Fea Soup
|Dry split peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||3 , cut up|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Squash||12 Ounce, mashed (1 package, frozen)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Rinse the peas and set aside for later use.
2. In a saucepan, fry the bacon till crispy and set aside.
3. Drain the bacon, reserving the drippings in pan.
4. In the bacon dripping, cook onion and green pepper just till tender.
5. Add peas, bouillon granules, 4 cups water, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8teaspoon pepper and bring it to boil.
6. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
7. Stir in frozen squash; cover and simmer for another 20 minutes or till heated through.
8. Stir in cream and bacon and mix well.
9. Arrange the hot soup into individual soup bowl.
10. Top each bowl with the bacon pieces and serve immediately with bread.