|Cos lettuce||1 Large, rinsed, trimmed and coarsely shredded|
|Spring onions||1⁄8 Pound, trimmed and finely sliced (1/2 bunch)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Mace||1 Pinch, grated|
|Wholemeal plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||1 Pint (hot)|
|Sea salt||To Taste (As desired)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground (As desired)|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large ovenproof bowl, combine the butter or margarine with the spring onions.
2) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes, until the onions turn soft.
3) To this, add the parsley and mace along with the lettuce.
4) Cook, covered for 5 minutes, or until the lettuce is tender.
5) In a small cup, mix the flour with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
6) Into the lettuce mixture, add this.
7) Now, add half of the hot stock and cook covered for 3 minutes.
8) In a blender, puree the soup.
9) To the bowl, return the pureed soup.
10) Now, add the milk and remaining stock.
11) On high power, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring as the soup starts bubbling around the edges.
12) Adjust the seasonings.
13) Stir in the cream to the Lettuce Soup, just before serving and serve hot.
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg4.5%
Sodium 340.6 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 209.7% Vitamin C 58.3%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet