|Cos lettuce||1 Large, rinsed, trimmed and coarsely shredded|
|Spring onions||1⁄8 Pound, trimmed and finely sliced (1/2 bunch)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Mace||1 Pinch, grated|
|Wholemeal plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||1 Pint (hot)|
|Sea salt||To Taste (As desired)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground (As desired)|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large ovenproof bowl, combine the butter or margarine with the spring onions.
2) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes, until the onions turn soft.
3) To this, add the parsley and mace along with the lettuce.
4) Cook, covered for 5 minutes, or until the lettuce is tender.
5) In a small cup, mix the flour with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
6) Into the lettuce mixture, add this.
7) Now, add half of the hot stock and cook covered for 3 minutes.
8) In a blender, puree the soup.
9) To the bowl, return the pureed soup.
10) Now, add the milk and remaining stock.
11) On high power, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring as the soup starts bubbling around the edges.
12) Adjust the seasonings.
13) Stir in the cream to the Lettuce Soup, just before serving and serve hot.