Creamy Potato Soup
|Bacon slices||4 , cut up|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, peeled and chopped to make 3 cups|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, fry the bacon till crispy and set aside.
2. Drain the bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in pan.
3. To bacon drippings, add chopped potatoes, onion, carrot, and celery.
4. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or till potatoes are tender.
5. Add the milk, salt, and pepper; bring mixture to boiling.
6. Stir together sour cream, flour, and paprika; gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into sour cream mixture.
7. Return to remaining hot mixture in saucepan.
8. Cook and stir just till mixture bubbles.
9. Arrange the hot Creamy Potato Soup into individual soup bowl.
10. Top each bowl with the bacon pieces and serve immediately.