Cheese Spinach Soup
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Shredded american cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
1. In a saucepan cook onion and celery in butter or margarine till onion is tender and translucent.
2. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and milk all at once; stir continuously to avoid forming lumps.
3. Cook till the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in spinach and cheese; cook and stir till cheese melts and dissolves well.
5. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and serve hot with garlic bread.
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.2%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.3 mg30.1%
Sodium 1054.8 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 27 g53.8%
Vitamin A 149.7% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 81.2% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet