Cheese Spinach Soup
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Shredded american cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
1. In a saucepan cook onion and celery in butter or margarine till onion is tender and translucent.
2. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and milk all at once; stir continuously to avoid forming lumps.
3. Cook till the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in spinach and cheese; cook and stir till cheese melts and dissolves well.
5. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and serve hot with garlic bread.