|Asparagus/1 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus||3⁄4 Pound, cut up|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a covered saucepan cook asparagus and onion in water for about 8 to 10 minutes or till crisp-tender; cool the mixture slightly but do not drain.
2. In blender mix together the un-drained asparagus -€“ onion mixture, milk, cream, salt, and dash of pepper.
3. Cover and blend till a smooth mixture is formed.
4. Chill for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
5. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and stir before serving.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39 mg13%
Sodium 282.4 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet