|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (Use 2 Cans, 14 Ounces Each)|
|Young turnip||1 Small, peeled and finely diced|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock cubes||2|
|Pearl barley||1 Ounce|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a blender, puree the tomatoes thoroughly.
2) Into a very large ovenproof bowl, strain the pureed tomatoes.
3) To this, add all the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
4) On high power, cook covered, for 10 minutes or until the mixture starts boiling fast.
5) Now, cook uncovered on high power, for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring in between, until the barley is soft.
6) Serve the Barley Soup hot, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.