|Peeled raw beets||1 Pound (Use Small Sized)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Hot vegetable stock||2 1⁄4 Pint|
|Cracked bulgur wheat||1 Ounce|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground bay leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste (Use As Desired)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (Use As Desired)|
|Cucumber||1 Small, finely diced|
|Sour cream/3 tablespoons of natural low fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a very large ovenproof bowl, combine the peeled onion and beetroot along with the stock, wheat, vinegar and the bay leaf powder.
2) With a vented cling-film, cover the bowl.
3) On high power, cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until the beetroots are soft.
4) Drain into another bowl.
5) From this, remove the beetroot and onion, leaving the Bulgur in the strainer.
6) With a knife, chop the beetroot and onion.
7) In a blender, puree the chopped onion and beetroot along with the milk.
8) Into the hot liquid in the large bowl, pour the puree and stir in the Bulgur.
9) With salt and pepper, season to taste.
10) To the soup, add the diced cucumber.
11) On high power, cook covered for 5 minutes or until it starts boiling around the edges.
12) Now, gently remove the cover and stir the soup briskly.
13) Before serving the Beetroot soup, add the cream or yogurt and mix well.